Recently, I’ve been following some great MoM (mom of multiples) blogs and have gotten to know some wonderful women through the lovely blogging world. One of them, Mercedes from Project Procrastinot, nominated Girl & Town for a Leibster Award!
According to Mercedes’ blog post where she nominated me, “Liebster” is a German word meaning dearest or lovely. How sweet, right? It’s a great way to help others discover new blogs!
When someone is nominated for a Liebster, the blogger accepts the award by writing a post containing the following info:
- Link back to the blog that nominated you
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
- Answers to the questions posed by your nominator
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
Here are my nominees (who come highly recommended! I think a few qualify as more popular blogs, but it’s the thought that counts right??)
- Amy of Loving Life Fashionably
- Monica of Finer Feelings
- Allison of Allison Marie Photography (and also a fellow KC MoM-to-Be)
- Crystal of Wayward Dogs
- Erica at Sweet Sunday Mornings
The 11 questions I was asked to answer by Mercedes:
1. Do you believe in destiny?
I believe everything happens for a reason. I guess you could call it destiny, fate if you want.
2. What and when was the last letter (not e-mail) you wrote?
Do thank you notes count? If so, I’ve been sending A LOT lately.
3. Do you prefer to get things done ahead of time or do you work well under pressure?
Depends on the task – but I probably err on the side of working well under pressure and deadlines.
4. Who (or what) is your biggest inspiration?
5. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging when I moved back to my hometown in Kansas City after living in Chicago for 8 years. I wanted a way to keep sharing my life with friends far away. It’s definitely turned into a passion of mine – although I work in digital media professionally, it’s become a great creative outlet for my personal life.
6. Salty or sweet?
Sweets – all the time lately.
7. Does your name match your personality?
I think so!
8. Name one guilty pleasure.
Oh geez – lately it seem severything is a guilty pleasure: sour patch kids, slushies, snow cones, ice cream (can you tell I’m pregnant?)
9. What’s your favorite season?
Usually, winter. I absolutely love the holidays!
10. What song/artist reminds you of middle school?
Wow – jogging my memory here! Probably any N’Sync or Backstreet Boys song.
11. What’s your favorite smell? (Mine is new baby, obvs, but also garlic and olive oil).
Lavender – very relaxing these days.
My 11 Random Facts:
1. I’m the youngest of 3 – with two older brothers who kept me in line growing up.
2. I hate pickles.
3. When I was in middle school, I got hit straight in the mouth with a fast pitch softball, requiring stiches inside and outside of my mouth. I still have a little bump on my lip.
4. I am a sucker for animals – mainly my pup Cody. Right now there is a bunny nest in our backyard and I worry about them every day. I know, ridiculous.
5. I still don’t have names picked out for our twin girls. Seriously. Really, keep asking, but I don’t. It’ll be a game time decision.
6. I’ve been married 4 years – of those, I’ve probably cleaned a bathtub 3-4 times (my least favorite cleaning task). Thank god my husband loves cleaning. He is the ying to my yang.
7. I spend way too much time on Pinterest.
8. In my head – I’m a master DIY’er. In reality – I’m a total wanna-be.
9. On that same note, I really want to learn how to sew…well..
10. I could watch Friends around the clock. To me, it never gets old.
11. I will wait to get gas until the light goes on. This drives my dad and my husband nuts.
My 11 Questions for Nominees to Answer:
1. What is your favorite blog post that you’ve written to date?
2. What is the last thing you bought?
3. Do you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert?
4. What is your favorite time of day?
5. How do you deal with stress?
6. Left brain or right brain?
7. Name three items in your purse right now.
8. Where was your last vacation?
9. What do you have a hard time saying “no” to?
10. Do you collect anything?
11. What is the funniest photo, video, meme, card, post, etc. that you’ve seen online lately?
Looking forward to seeing your blog posts and answers, nominees!