You know a holiday is approaching when your Pinterest feed is overwhelmed by over the top crafts and ideas. Now that Pinterest is becoming more mainstream, don’t be surprised if you show up to a party this year that looks like it came straight from your feed. Here are a few clues to tell you’re at a Pinterest-inspired Halloween party. Ten points for Gryffindor if your host has all of these.
1. There’s an ombre pumpkin . . .
2. . . . or an especially decorative, outside-the-box, collection of pumpkins.
3. You are offered healthy Halloween treats . . .
4. . . . or creepy themed hors d’oeuvres.
5. You notice costume-themed nail art.
6. The family pet has a better costume than most of the guests.
7. Every room is part of the theme, even the bathroom.
8. Candy corn is used in a way it was not originally intended.
9. Mason jars have somehow become part of the decor.
10. A pumpkin has turned into the most useful decoration at the party.
Did I miss something? Tell me in the comments!